08 Apr 2021
In 2021 James Fallon High School will have a whole school focus on student attendance and engagement at school.
Parents or carers of children of compulsory school age are responsible for ensuring their child attends school every day. Children must commence school by age 6 and then complete year 10.
After Year 10 and until they turn 17, students must be:
- in school or registered for home schooling or
- in approved education or training (e.g. TAFE, traineeship, apprenticeship) or
- in full-time, paid employment (average 25 hours/week) or
- in a combination of work, education and/or training.
Enrolled students 17 years and over are required to attend school regularly to meet Higher School Certificate course requirements.
To encourage student attendance several initiatives will be implemented throughout 2021 including:
- PBL attendance rewards
- Spot check attendance rewards throughout each term
- Regular communication home for students consistently attending school.
Regular school attendance is essential so that your child does not miss the opportunity to learn, build relationships and develop life skills.