03 Nov 2021
Dear Parent / Carer,
Our school will be supporting NSW Health’s efforts to minimise the risk of COVID-19 transmission within our community by distributing FREE rapid antigen home testing kits to all students. This is an optional screening measure and you are not required to participate if you choose not to.
The rapid antigen home tests are a quick and easy screening tool to help detect COVID-19 in people who do not have symptoms. It involves a nose swab being placed in a chemical solution. Results can be ready within 10 minutes. If your child is experiencing even the mildest of COVID-19 symptoms, please do not use the rapid antigen home tests. You should follow NSW Health advice to go and have them tested for COVID-19 in one of the local testing clinics and isolate until you receive their result.
How do I pick up the rapid antigen home test kits?
- RAHT kits will be available through in a drive through process in the school grounds on Thursday, 4th November. The times will be 7am to 8am, and 4pm to 6pm.
- RAHT kits are optional.
- We will not be using the rapid antigen home testing kits on students while they are in school.
- 2 weeks’ worth of RAHT kits will be provided for each student. This will come in a pack of 4 kits to be used twice a week. If you opt in to use them, instructions on how to use the tests, check results and safely dispose of the kits are provided within the packs. You can also download the fact sheet (PDF 6.4 MB) which contains the instructions.
- Our school only has enough packs to be used by immediate staff and students. You can buy more rapid antigen home test kits from 1 November at pharmacies and supermarkets if you need more for yourself or other members of your family.
- You do not need to report your RAHT results to the school.
- If your child’s result returns as ‘negative’, then they can go about their day as normal which includes attending school.
- If your child returns a ‘positive’ or ‘invalid’ test result, please follow current protocols, isolate and get a COVID-19 test (PCR test as the mouth and nose swab) at the Albury Entertainment Centre.
If you need support in using the rapid antigen home test or entering the results on the app, please contact CareStart Customer Support on 1800 198 055.
If you have any concerns regarding the COVID-19 PCR test or concerns regarding COVID-19, please refer to the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080. If they require translating or interpreting services, call 131 450.
3rd November 2021